Friday 18 November 2011

Act One

Today my followers fought for thy honor of the house against thou foul Montague's. My loyal men, Sampson and Gregory fought bravely but our Prince stopped the brawl and ordered peace. I despise the thought of our house being brought down by thou filthy house of Montague. I recollect the thought that my dear Tybalt joined in to defend, he drew his sword and quarreled with Abram and Benvolio, a fair man but no match to my Tybalt. I doth hope that thou Montague does not provoke my men again by entering our scene. I think these boys need to grow their minds and protect themselves. Such behaviour does not stand in fair Verona. For I must enter thy brawl to end the conflict. But thy Old Montague  flourishes his sword in my face, as to spite me from my men. How doth such crude behaviour acts upon my grounds.

My house does not give me equal compassion, as my lady acts upon marriage for my daughter of not yet thirteen. I do not know if thy Paris is a pretty match. Although pretty, and a fair man, my young does not wish for such a sudden future. Would this man of wax add up to all that I desire from thy offspring?

Ah but my mind wanders too far from thy body. I must need'd to bestow my thoughts upon thy evening's dance. I shall need many messengers to alert my deariest cousins to accompany my house. I hope young Juliet finds her eye upon a man of dreams. Whether she find young Paris or another man of great determination and love. 

From Capulet, man of Capulet household

9 comments:

  1. Excuse me, good sir! I will have you know that Montague's are fully capable of conducting themselves in the most handsome, chivalrous manner. We are not filthy, foul nor provocative. There are two sides to every fight, and it takes two parties for a confrontation of this nature. If you would like to speak with us about our behaviour or involvement in the events of last night, I implore you to come to us. You will find our doors open.

    -Romeo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree fully with my cousin Romeo, I don't mean to raise a quarrel sir but we are not these things which you call us. If my memory serves me correctly it was not I, but Tybalt who provoked us and threatened my life if I did not turn and fight him. Good day sir! May you find your peace and realize who is truly in the wrong! -Benvolio

    ReplyDelete
  3. ashlie and marisa21 November 2011 at 13:21

    oh i love you baby<3 let's "dance" tonight ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. shut it Romeo. I say good day sirs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sword fights are the best kind of fight out there. While you may be wrong in saying that the Montague's are filthy, you are completely right in knowing that Paris is not a pretty match for your daughter, Juliet. The young man Paris will not treat your daughter right for he may get caught up in his own greed and looks. I know you do not approve of the Montagues, however, it is your daughters choice, not yours, you must keep an open mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is less than garbage, something you might find near a rat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke aka Shakespeare21 November 2011 at 13:33

    This is ridiculous...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Father, I must agree with your opinions, I am too young to wed, and Mother and Paris are moving at a pace that is much too swift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can assure you that I am the perfect match for your Juliet. Dont even think twice about it.

    ReplyDelete